- To find out the dissipation of pesticides in crops following recommended package and practices for pesticide use and to work out the safe waiting period/pre harvest intervals.
- To monitor the pesticide residue in biotic and abiotic components of environment.
- To validate the method for residue analysis
- To workout the effect of processing for removal of pesticide residues in food commodities.
- To maintain up-to-date information on pesticide residue and to provides guideline in this regard to research and extension workers in the state.
- To provide guidelines to farmers on the basis of monitoring the pesticide residue data.
- To evaluate the new molecules of pesticide for their residues and pre-harvest intervals.
- To offer testing facilities to the public payment basis.